Sunday 20 January 2013

Fur Coat, Big Knickers

A quick - and impromptu - blog post following an even quicker and equally-impromptu photo shoot yesterday with my friend Craig Shaw from BluPlanet photography


Like practically everywhere else in the UK this week, we have been blessed with a covering of beautiful white snow. I am lucky enough to live smack bang in middle of some of the loveliest countryside in West Yorkshire, so Craig and I donned hats and gloves (although I took mine off fairly quickly) and took to to the snow-capped Yorkshire countryside. 

Here are some out takes from the shoot. I hope you enjoy them.These shots were taken just across the road from my house, after we (rather typically for me!) got the car stuck down a little country lane. 


Proof that my hair was styled  for the shoot - look at those curls!
Alas, it didn't last long.
Turns out snow and setting lotion are not a great combination.
Copyright BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved



Not sure what I was trying to channel here - think the cold might've got to my brain.
Copyright 
BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved


 
I am so in love with my powder blue Ostrich Feather Fans from Frou Frou Feathers that whenever I get a chance to be photographed with them, I grab it!
It was at this moment that a small group of walkers appeared on the horizon. As they got closer they looked more and more bemused.
We gave them a little wave. They waved back!

Copyright BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved




Fur Coat, No Knickers!Copyright BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved
Fur Coat, Big Knickers!Copyright BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved

It was VERY cold by this point but we were still having fun, so I ignored my red toes and we pushed on for another ten minutes.
Although I probably won't use this pic for publicity, I do love how Craig captured the real me here.
Big smile and even bigger knickers - that's me!
Copyright BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved


And here are 2 of my favourite images from the final set: 


Copyright BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved


Copyright BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved


Craig and I haven't worked together in this way before (although he has shot several Bang Tidy Burlesque shows) and we are both still finding our feet. That said, I am really pleased with the results and so grateful to Craig for some fabulous pics. It was worth freezing my tootsies and my tatas for an hour. 

It's beautiful out there. I dare you to throw off your woolies and get someone to snap you in the all together in snow. It's chilly but so much fun! 

I will be posting a full set of the final images shortly on my Facebook Page HERE. Do head over and give me a little "like".

HBT

No comments:

Post a Comment