Sunday 6 January 2013

A Proper Bang Tidy 2012 - My Year in Pictures

So, one of my New Year's resolutions was to keep a diary..... but I haven't got a diary and - even if I did have one - I suspect I would lose it!

Instead I am going to keep a blog. That way I can always find it and I might keep up with it. 

So...... here we are then. What next? 

Oh, I know. Some pics with highlights of 2012. That's as good a start as any......


In April I competed in the annual Varietease Tea Time Tassel Off Competition. What a fabulous night! I was delighted to be awarded "Best Concept" and "Judges Choice" Awards for Brenda - The Stripping Lollipop Lady and came away laden with goodies, including a gorgeous pair of ostrich feather fans from Frou Frou Feathers


Backstage at The Teatime Tassel Off (L to R) Tottie Spon Sills (winner of Best Performance), Ambellina Dreamer, Vampfire, Foxie La Roque, Me!, Poppy La Pilule, Doc Leroc, Madame Mechant, Oh Carolina, Stella Noir and The Dandy Inferno. 


Image by Craig Shaw of BluPlanet Photography. All rights reserved

^In May I put those new fans to work when I debuted my new act, Budgie at The Frou Frou Club's Fringe Special as part of Hebden Bridge Arts Festival. 

In August Crystal Tips and I debuted our first ever double act as Marjorie and Maureen (also known as Marjoreen!). 



Copyright Ravey Davey, Darkstar Imaging

You haven't lived until you've let someone pull bunting out of your knickers!



Copyright Ravey Davey, Darkstar Imaging

September saw the first ever Bang Tidy Burlesque show at The Ritz Ballroom in Brighouse. An excuse to get some of my favourite performers on stage with me. 

I had so much fun in Brighouse that I did it again the following weekend in Leeds...... 





This time with Anna Fur Laxis headlining - she is my Burlesque heroine. I was very excited.

Anna Fur Laxis - image by Laurie Cooper-Murray, Stagezero Photography. All rights reserved

October saw me dressed as Jack the Ripper for a one-off group performance with the Whitechapel Wenches.

The Whitechapel Wenches (L to R) Anita Verbruggen, Liberty Belle, Me!, Kinky Crayola, Punky Galore and Polly Tickle backstage at the Frou Frou

November was the launch of Tidy and Tips Cabaret, hosted by Marjorie (Heidi Bang Tidy) and Maureen (Crystal Tips) at Arden Road Social Club in Halifax. What a night! Show-stopping performances from Havana Hurricane, Maisie Martini, Daisy Cutter, Morning Starr and the fabulous Phenomenotes. 

Daisy Cutter - image by Ravey Davey, Darkstar Images. All rights reserved


(L) Marjoire and Maureen modelling matching towel-wear 
(R) Maureen shows Havana Hurricane her clubbing outfit. 
Images by Ravey Davey, Darkstar Images. All rights reserved.


December was blolody bonkers!

A second show in Leeds.....


Tricity Vogue took the roof off! 


(L) The fabulous Constance Peach and (R) The utterly hilarious Glorian Gray on her giant trampoline

An All-Star Cast! (L to R) Tricity Vogue, Glorian Gray, Ivy Wilde, Crystal Tips, Jeu Jeu le Foille, Titsalina Bumsquash, Trixie Passion, Bambi Helen, Constance Peach, Bambi Sophie, Bambi Poppy, Bambi Poppy and Me!

Copyright Ravey Davey, Darkstar Images. 

In December, Bang Tidy Burlesque hit The New Bradford Playhouse for the first time...

Stage Manager Extraordinaire, Trixie Passion 


(L) Allegra Noir (R) La Ramskir of Dancers Bizarre
Images by Laurie Cooper-Murray


My final event before Christmas : The first ever Tidy and Tips "What's For Supper?" Club in Elland

Backstage at Tidy and Tips What's For Supper? Club
L to R Sherry Trifle, Trixie Passion, Havana Hurricane, Me!, Crystal Tips, Bruise Violet and Snappy O'Shea
pic by Sherry Trifle

followed soon after by probably the best New Year's Eve I've ever had!
L to R Bexi Owen, Me! and Lady Wildflower (pic by Bexi Owen)


L to R: Lady Wildflower, Havana Hurricane, Me!, Scarlett Daggers, Ivy Wilde and Rosie Afterglow














I ended 2012 by dressing up as a knitted bog roll cover and debuting my new act, "On The Throne" 




and I saw 2013 in with very sparkly boobs indeed!

Pic by Scarlett Daggers

Phew! What a year! Can't wait for 2013!






1 comment: